What is 40.7128 N 74.0060 W coordinates?
These coordinates (latitude and longitude) pinpoint a specific location on the Earth’s surface. In this case, New York City Hall, 260 Broadway, Civic Center, Manhattan, NY 10000, USA
- This is the latitude coordinate.
- The “N” stands for North, indicating that the location is in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Latitude coordinates range from 0° at the Equator to 90°N at the North Pole and 90°S at the South Pole.
- The value “40.7128°N” means the location is 40.7128 degrees north of the Equator.
- This is the longitude coordinate.
- The “W” stands for West, indicating that the location is west of the Prime Meridian, which runs through Greenwich, London.
- Longitude coordinates range from 0° at the Prime Meridian to 180°W westward and 180°E eastward.
- The value “74.0060°W” means the location is 74.0060 degrees west of the Prime Meridian.