After 12 years of working as a GIS specialist / Consultant, I quit and I am ready to move on.
Looking back at the last 12 years if I could go back in time and give myself some advice I would tell myself these 8 things.
- Boring Work won’t necessarily lead to interesting work
- Getting good at something typical leads to doing more of that thing
- Have more empathy for the professionals that you work with
- Think more about where you are trying to go
- Find a mentor
- Sometimes it’s just not a good fit
- You don’t get to decide what is broken
Things I need help with
- Share the podcast with a friend, a community anyone that you think might find it interesting or helpful
- I am looking for projects based on or around OpenStreetMap – this is part of a promotional campaign that I am doing together with OpenCage – More information here
More podcast episodes on GIS and Geospatial topics can be found on our website https://mapscaping.com/podcasts/
Or go to MapScaping.com to find out about sponsoring our website
reach out on Twitter https://twitter.com/MapScaping
or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielodonohue/